Expected School-Wide Learning Results
Confident Knowledgeable Communicator
- Students will develop the ability to listen, read, write, speak, and calculate with clarity and precision.
- Students will develop an ever-increasing core of general knowledge.
Creative Problem Solver
- Students will develop the ability to think analytically, logically, and abstractly to effectively solve problems.
- Students will take academic responsibility.
Global Community Member
- Students will develop a sense of responsibility to become
contributing and productive members of the local and global community.
Proficient User of Technology
- Students will develop the technological skills to effectively
and confidently access, analyze, process, and synthesize information.
Participant in Visual and Performing Arts
- Students participate in a visual and performing arts program
where they create in and respond to the four arts disciplines (dance,
music, theater, and visual art.)
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of cultural, historical, and aesthetic relationships in these VAPA disciplines.
STAR Learning Expectations
Work and Study Habits:
- Follows directions first time given
- Stays on assigned tasks
- Works well independently or within a group
- Works neatly, carefully, and organizes work well
- Completes class work, homework, and make-up work on time
- Shows respect for authority
- Is quiet at appropriate times
- Accepts responsibility
- Participates in class activities
- Exhibits acceptable behavior in the cafeteria, hallways, restrooms, library, recess, etc…
"Students Taking Academic Responsibility"